Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Gay School Book Thing


O.K., so I live in California. It's like granola, take away all the fruits and nuts and all you have are flakes.I'm used to it, beside a brief stint on Long Island, I've lived here all of my 32 years. I'm not shocked by much, but this bill pissed me off.

"SB 1437 requires all teachers, all textbooks and all instructional materials to positively portray cross-dressing, sex-change operations, bisexuality and homosexuality, including homosexual 'marriages,'".

Newflash folks,we already have laws on the books that prevent discrimination. How about we enforce those existing laws and stop wasting time and money on frivolous B.S. like SB 1437.(Frankly though, to me most anti-discrimination laws are P.C.B.S.)

My biggest problem with this bill is it's original purpose, which was a bill that would have required California textbooks to include the historical contributions of gay people.I have ZERO problem whatsoever with gay people, I count many among my closest friends, I have a problem with discussing the sexual preference of a historical character for no reason.

I just don't think it's necessary. Can you imagine.... Today kids, we will learn about Abraham Lincoln, who, by the way was a heterosexual male.

blog comments powered by Disqus