Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Katrina, A Year Or So Later

Ah, Katrina.....A nasty little natural disaster.

Funny, I've lived through natural disasters before.One, was the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake. Earthquakes suck balls. Especially really nasty big ones like 1989. Unlike a hurricane that you have almost a week warning that they are coming, you get absolutely no warning what-so-ever in an earthquake. Hence the inability to prepare. Though, as a Californian,I personally have a contingency plan in place, in case of a gnarly quake. (I'm one of those nutters who actually likes quakes..... They're fun as long as no one gets hurt.I love the rush.)

I feel super bad for those who made some kind of effort to leave during Katrina and couldn't. I feel equally as bad for those who, for physical reasons, could not leave.

The rest of these f-ing, whining, pansy-ass-looting-government teet-sucking-mo-fo's can go shove it where the sun don't shine.

Here we have a New Orleans resident, crying that the government hadn't saved his punk ass yet.......



No one owes you sh*t people. Nothing. I lost my house and everything in it last year and I managed to spend less than a week in a hotel, rent a new place and move on. And believe me, I'm not rich, I had no insurance and no one hosted a fund raising charity for me either.

So, my message for the anniversary of Katrina is......

Suck it up, deal and get over it. No one owes you sh*t.

blog comments powered by Disqus