Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pat Sajak: Common Sense Thinker

So everyone else today seems to be talking about Bill Clinton and his lie infested rhetoric (I was for the war before I was for being against it). Me... not interested. Bill Clinton is a D-Bag and that's just fact. I so need a vacation from Clintons.

Now Pat Sajak, the perennially insipid host of Wheel of Fortune made some good points, thought I'd share them:

"It’s one thing to buy an ab machine because Chuck Norris recommends it (he’s in good shape, isn’t he?) or a grill because George Foreman’s name is on it (he’s a great guy, so it must be a great grill!), but the idea of choosing the Leader of the Free World based on the advice of someone who lives in the cloistered world of stardom seems a bit loony to me.

This is America, and we celebrities have just as much right as anyone else to speak up about any issue. The problem is that more attention is paid to what we say because we’re well known. But why should that matter? O.J. Simpson is one of the world’s best-known celebrities, but I can’t imagine anyone following his lead in a voting booth.

I suppose anything that gets people engaged in the political process is a good thing, but the idea that a gold record, a top-ten TV show or an Oscar translates into some sort of political wisdom doesn’t make much sense to me. Trust me, one’s view of the world isn’t any clearer from the back seat of a limo."
Well said Pat, but I still won't watch your show.

blog comments powered by Disqus