Friday, December 14, 2007

Who's Racist

From an e-mail I received today, I think it sums up how I feel quite well.
You call me:

"Redneck"
"Hillbilly"
"Slacker"
"KKKRacker"
"Honkey"
"Whitey"
"Gringo"
And you think it's OK.

But if I called you:
"Jungle bunny"
"Spear chucker"
"Wet back"
"Porch monkey"
"Towelhead"
"Camel Jockey"
"Gook"
"Spook"
"Slant eyes"
or "Chink"

You call me a racist.....
--You have the United Negro College Fund.
--You have Martin Luther King Day.
--You have Black History Month.
--You have Cesar Chavez Day.
--You have Yom Hashoah
--You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi
--You have the NAACP.
--You have BET.
--You HAVE Ramadan

If we had WET(white entertainment television) ...we'd be racist. If we had a White Pride Day, you would call us racist. If we had white history month, we'd be racist. If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives... we'd be racist. If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships, you know we'd be racist.
In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, you would call us racist.
Did you know that some high school students decided to make a club for only the white students because the other ethnicities had them. They all got sent to court for being racist but the African-American, Latino, and Asia clubs were not even questioned. You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.
I am white. And I am proud. But, you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

blog comments powered by Disqus