Tuesday, January 08, 2008

New Jersey Apoligizes For Slavery

"New Jersey became the first Northern state to apologize for slavery, as legislators approved a resolution Monday expressing "profound regret" for the state's role in the practice.

"This resolution does nothing more than say New Jersey is sorry about its shameful past," said Assemblyman William Payne, a Democrat who sponsored the measure."

Somehow I am not shocked it was a Demorat that sponsored this "resolution".

If I were a citizen of New Jersey and had hired this guy to work for me, which is what, folks, we are in fact doing when we elect these people to office,I'd want a recall vote.

Why the fuck is New Jersey saying sorry for something that occurred a long ass time ago? It would be like me saying I am sorry for tripping Christy B. in 3rd grade during a particularly rough game of dodge ball. Not only does it serve no purpose other than to pander to the "I'm still a victim" crowd. But it has no meaning. None.

"Opponents said the apology was a meaningless gesture. Assemblyman Richard Merkt, a Republican, said everyone deems slavery an abomination.

"But this was a sin that was atoned for in blood 150 years ago by the death of 650,000 Americans," Merkt said, referring to the Civil War."

Yeah no shit.

blog comments powered by Disqus