Friday, April 11, 2008

No Jesus, Jesus Bad!!!


Yeah, so apparently American Idol is following the same pattern as many local radio and television stations. Banning the word Jesus. Yes, folks, that's right, the word Jesus seems to have made it to the naughty list.

I first noticed this in reference to the word God last year when driving home from work and listening to that 80's song "Dear God". 'Cept when it was playing on the radio it was "Dear Man". Man substituting for the word God. I couldn't believe it and I'm a frickin' atheist.

"In Wednesday night's finale of "American Idol Gives Back," the show's philanthropy program, eight finalists performed Darlene Zschech's mega-hit Christian-pop crossover song "Shout to the Lord." The piece was written to start with the well-known lyrics, "My Jesus, My Savior, Lord there is none like You...." Jesus, regardless of one's faith, is known as a philanthropist.

But not on "American Idol," which has apparently decided that "Jesus" can't be mentioned on national TV - even when the theme is giving. Instead of singing the song as millions know it, the "Idol" stars sang, "My Shepherd, My Savior..."

Pathetic nod to the GODS of political correctness. I'm surprised they didn't change the words to, "My Mohammed, My Savior". Pathetic.

blog comments powered by Disqus