Friday, June 26, 2009

Good Bye America

Today the death knell of this country was rung.

"In a triumph for President Barack Obama, the Democratic-controlled House narrowly passed sweeping legislation Friday that calls for the nation's first limits on pollution linked to global warming and aims to usher in a new era of cleaner, yet more costly energy.

The vote was 219-212, capping months of negotiations and days of intense bargaining among Democrats. Republicans were overwhelmingly against the measure, arguing it would destroy jobs in the midst of a recession while burdening consumers with a new tax in the form of higher energy costs."

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How this country used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance..
That I could make people take a stance...
And, maybe, they'd be happy for a while.

But January made me shiver
With every paper that was delivered.
Bad news on the doorstep;
I couldn't take one more step.

I can remember that I cried
When I read about boastful pride,
But something touched me deep inside
The day The Country died.

So Hi Hi, Mr. American Lie.
Drove my soon to be defunct Chevy to the levee,
But the levee was dry.
And them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye,
that will soon be too expensive to buy...
Singin, "This'll be the day that she dies.
"this'll be the day that she dies."

Oh, and as I watched him on the stage...
My hands were clenched in fists of rage....
No angel born in hell
Could break that Obama's spell.
And as the flames climbed high into the night
To light the sacrificial rite,
I saw Obama laughing with delight
The day The Country died....

The stuff of my nightmares are here.

blog comments powered by Disqus