Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11/01--- I Will Never Forget


I will never forget the sun shining that day.
I will never forget my mom calling and telling me to turn on the TV.
I will never forget watching a plane full of people fly into the WTC.
I will never forget hurling up my orange juice in the kitchen sink.
I will never forget the silence in the skies as planes were grounded.
I will never forget the screams of people jumping to their deaths.
I will never forget watching The Towers fall.
I will never forget watching the ghost people wander the streets of New York, their faces all covered in gray dust disturbed only by blood and tears.
I will never forget my hands bleeding where my nails dug little half moons into my palms as I sat shaking, crying and clenching my fists in rage, fear and uncertaintly.
I will never forget my neighbor asking me what the "big deal" was.
I will never forget my other neighbor screaming to the sky with a half drunk bottle of Russian vodka clenched in his hand, "THIS IS WAR!!!!!"
I will never forget eating a jar of pickles, bitter pickles and the only thing I ate that day.
I will never forget the not knowing.
I will never forget the knowing.
I will never forget the Pentagon, The Towers and that field in Shanksville.
I will never forget American Airlines Flights 11 and 77. And United Airlines Flight 93 and 175.

And...

I will never forgive the ACLU for fighting to give rights to those who killed 2,996 people that sunny Tuesday in 2001.
I will never forgive those who have forgotten.
I will never forgive those who put the CIA in the same league as Bin Laden.
I will never forgive those who make a mockery of this day with their sick conspiracy jokes.
And I will never forgive the religion of hate that foments still this very day the idea that innocent Americans and others deserved to die for some kind of sick revenge.

I will never forget.

-Jenn

blog comments powered by Disqus