Monday, November 30, 2009

"I Want Government Control"

"I want goverment control". No not me, my neighbor. He voted for Obama. Not shocking I know, but the whole conversation I had with him scared the holy hell out of me.

He asked me what I thought of Universal Health Care and I said I thought it was a bad idea and listed my reasons why. He agreed with a few of them, mostly cost and tort reform.

Then he said, that he thought if we had Universal Health Care, that people like me would be happy. That it worked elsewhere and why was I not in favor of it.

I said,"Well look at England. They have Universal Health Care and it costs $5,000 a month to rent a 300 square foot flat, 10 a gallon for gasoline and a 6 pack of beer will set you back the equivalent of 15 bucks." I was trying to impress upon him, that NOTHING in life is free. You may get the health care, but at what expense? On a side note, I reminded him that the constitution doesn't guarantee us health care.

He was having NONE of that. He said, that it should be put before the people, that we should vote on it. I said, we voted on it by electing the douche bags we have in Congress and the Senate.

Then he said I just didn't get it, this would make America a better country. I said, how, he said..."Because I want government control, when they control the people more get's done."

Chills folks, all the way down to my toes.

blog comments powered by Disqus