Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Joy


I got a little misty eyed today. Positively verklempt actually.

Mom and I decided to go to Target for some last minute fun. It was nutso being Christmas Eve, but we were not in a hurry so who the heck cares right? We got what we wanted and as we left the packed parking lot and approached a light, the car in front of me slowed way down and stopped. I almost let loose with my stereotypical slew of obscenities when I noticed the young girl driving the car had her arm out and was passing something to the homeless man on the center divide. It was a bag of dog food and a little squeaky dog toy and it looked like also a bit of cash.

The homeless man had a little dirty dog with him, just sitting on his foot. I stopped too and handed him some cash. But the whole thing just touched me. These girls were clearly in their very early 20's and I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder when it comes to "kids" these days. But this restored a bit of my faith. Not only in today's youth but in America's future. I hope there are more like these kids out there.

Merry Christmas to all.

blog comments powered by Disqus