Thursday, May 18, 2006

This Republican says: Legalize Bud


Yup, that's right. Legalize the green. Packs of chronic at the local 7/11. Fat sacks of kind green, in your choice of colors at the local market. Buy it by the ounce at your health food store.

Just tax the ever living heck out of it.

I mean come on....Beer, wine, they're legal. I smoked some green back in the day. Of course I didn't inhale. The fact is, I got a lot sicker, a lot more "messed up" from a fifth of Jack than I ever did from a fat bong load. Mind you it's been years since I have sampled the "goods"(really), yet I remember those days with fond memories. Again, of Coors I didn't inhale (really).

Think of the positives.

1) Put all the small time dealers out of business.
2) Grow fields of cannabis. If I recall correctly, an acre of cannabis had the oxygen output of 4 acres of rainforest.
3) You can harvest the crops to make paper, clothes, rope and more....
4) You'd be making a lot of asthma and cancer patients and others suffering from pain and nausea very happy. It relieves glaucoma, epilepsy, migraines, insomnia, asthma, the nausea associated with AIDS and chemotherapy, and a host of other maladies.
5) You could take the money made from the taxes on cannabis and use it to fund schools, and responsible drug education.
6) Nothing to recycle.
7) Ever tried those brownies?
8) In fact here are 101 uses for hemp.
9) Remember what Jerry said: It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness.
-Jerry Garcia

Be wise, legalize. (Thanks to one of my favorite commenters for "planting the seed" for this post).

blog comments powered by Disqus