Sunday, October 28, 2007

Political Correctness On Crack

GI JOE,AMERICAN,AMERICA

"Hollywood now proposes that in a new live-action movie based on the G.I. Joe toy line, Joe's -- well, "G.I." -- identity needs to be replaced by membership in an "international force based in Brussels." The IGN Entertainment news site reports Paramount is considering replacing our "real American hero" with "Action Man," member of an "international operations team."

Paramount will simply turn Joe's name into an acronym.

The show biz newspaper Variety reports: "G.I. Joe is now a Brussels-based outfit that stands for Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, an international co-ed force of operatives who use hi-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil organization headed by a double-crossing Scottish arms dealer."


I am of Scottish descent, therefore I feel a strong need to contact the ACLU and complain that this film is Scottish biased and offensive to my peeps.

"G.I. Joe is a line of military-themed dolls and later action figures produced by the toy company Hasbro.

The name G.I. Joe was created by David Breger when he was asked to do a comic strip for United States military magazines during World War II. Breger came up with the title "G.I. Joe" from the term "G.I."


The term G.I. is from the completely anti-PC term "Government Issue" and the government was NOT Brussels.

Please join me in letting Paramount know what we think of their latest stab at the American Military.

Mailto: info@paramountstudios.com General e-mail.
Or
Chairman and CEO: Brad Grey
COO: Frederick D. Huntsberry
EVP and CFO: Mark Badagliacca

But you have to pay for those.

blog comments powered by Disqus