Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ho Ho Ho: Ron Paul Likes His Earmarks


Weak excuses.
"Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul on Sunday defended his efforts in Congress to bring home money to his Texas district, despite his long-held aversion to big government and congressional votes to rein in federal spending.

“I’ve never voted for an earmark in my life,” the Texas congressman said under questioning on NBC’s “Meet the Press” about reports that he has requested hundreds of millions of dollars for special projects in his home district.

“I put them in because I represent people who are asking for some of their money back,” said Paul, who likened it to taking a tax credit. “I’m against the tax system, but I take all my tax credits. I want to get their money back for the people.”

Uh yeah sure. NO TAXES... but gimme some, gimme some! Ron Paul gets a lump of coal as well.

blog comments powered by Disqus